Nimbus.IO has a parity-based storage system.
Nimbus.IO vs traditional distributed storage systems
|Examples||Nimbus.IO, RAID6, Usenet Binaries||Gluster, MogileFS, Riak + Luwak, Amazon S3|
|Consequences of the design|
- Data is striped with parity across 10 nodes
- Supports greater throughput for large requests
- Lower cost solution for cooler data
- Data is copied to 3 nodes
- Supports greater concurrency of small requests
- Lower latency solution for warmer data
Both systems tolerate destruction of any 2 nodes without data loss.